Saturday, April 2, 2011

KILR Promoting and Production

Today on the KILR Blog,

I've been doing quite a lot of work for my internet radio station at KILR FM. One important piece of work is marketing and promotion. We've got to get our name out there! We want to let people know we exist and invite them to come to our side of the universe and listen to all the great variety of music that we have to offer! So how do we do that?

Banner Ads, for one. I already subscribed to one service, but today I subscribed to a couple more. I've got some animated banner ads about KILR FM already out there, so with two more services working for us it will help get our name out there further. Another way are the old fashioned webrings. Personally, I like webrings. It's a small little community that allows you to find some really neat sites on things that interest you that may be hard to find using a regular search engine. Hopefully others will feel the same way and find us that route. I've already got a Facebook and Twitter page going to help promote the station. I have a MySpace page, but I'd rather get a dedicated one set up just for the station. Other than that, there is this blog. People love to blog and read blogs, so we might as well write one up on all the stuff about our station? Why not?

The other work I've been doing involves my radio show, "Starrfoxx's Super Radio Show". My wife and I recently finished our 6th show. Today I began work on Shows 7, 8, and 9. I'll be taking a little time with these and doing more production on them every weekend, but I won't be rushing these. I've got other projects that I need to get going for the radio station also. Two of those projects involve a brand new DJ to get started in April and a KILR FM Klassik Vault of some of the old, original shows of the station that date back to 1984 when it was called "Radio 1990".

We've got fun stuff coming!

1 comment:

  1. Oh BTW, the station can be found at:

    http://killer-radio.webs.com

    ReplyDelete